Thursday, May 21, 2009

Devon's Cooking... Cheese Enchiladas


Tonight was Thursday and Thursday is easily my favorite night of the week. Why, you ask? Is it because I don't ever work on Fridays (aside from the ten meetings I have every Friday)? Well, that helps... but the real reason I love Thursdays is FBT. I can't take any credit for FBT, I can only enjoy the ritual. Many years ago, when we graduated from UCSB, the girls who moved straight to San Diego (Ronna, Melissa, Anna, Caro, Keli, Jenny and others) started getting together on Thursdays to watch Friends (I said it was Many Years Ago. I wasn't lying.). Everyone would bring food, maybe a little wine (okay, Many Years Ago it would've been Natural Light or, if it were a special night, Keystone Light), funny college stories and friendship-- and, hence, Fat B*^&h (my grandmother reads this blog; I'm keepin' it PG!) Thursday was born.

Tonight I had the girls over for FBT (we're starting to call it Fat Babies Thursday, with guest appearances tonight by the not-fat Owen Lowe and Grady Stephens) and I made a veg dinner (ostensibly for Ronna, our house vegetarian, but also just because the recipe sounded yummy) for everyone to enjoy-- Cheese Enchiladas!

CHEESE ENCHILADAS
Ingredients:
20 oz. frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess water
30 oz. part-skim ricotta
1 cup part-skim mozzarella, shredded
12 medium fat-free flour tortillas
1 cup salsa
2 tsp oregano
2 tsp onion powder
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup shredded 2% cheddar or Mexican-cheese blend

Directions: Preheat oven to 400. Spray 9x13 glass baking dish with cooking spray. In a large bowl, mix spinach, ricotta, mozzarella, oregano, onion powder, garlic, salt and pepper. Spoon 1/12 of mixture into each tortilla, fold in tortilla ends and roll up-- place in baking dish. When all enchiladas are in dish, cover with salsa and sprinkle cheese on top. Cover with foil and bake, covered, for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10-20 minutes until the cheese is melted.

4 comments:

  1. Dev-

    They were so delish. Your place is awesome. So glad you guys will be in town for a while! Miss you

    xoxoxo

    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! Thanks for the recipe. I loved 'em! Loved FBT and your new place too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the recap on the history of FBT... your enchiladas were delish :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, I did not realize how old we are until you referenced Friends...ouch! When did that happen?

    ReplyDelete