Thursday, April 9, 2009

Devon's Cooking...Crockpot Hungarian Stew

Today my mom is coming down to help me pack all day and she might stay for dinner. A nice daughter and son-in-law would probably take her out to thank her for her hard work... but I've decided to thank my mom with a little home-cookin' TLC. And I want to show her that you can make good food in a crockpot (my mom is a little crock-pot challenged-- according to my dad, everything she makes in a crockpot tastes like sawdust). It's also nice to have put together dinner in about twenty minutes and letting it make the house smell good all day. Today I'm cooking...

CROCKPOT HUNGARIAN STEW
Ingredients
2 cups mushrooms, chopped coarsely
1 medium-large onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
garlic (I used a lot, as usual)
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 can fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 pound uncooked chicken breast
1 Tbsp flour
1/2 cup fat-free sour cream

Directions
Spray Pam in large skillet, and saute mushrooms, onion, bell pepper and garlic for about 5-7 minutes (until onions are tender). Add in paprika, salt and pepper and saute for about 1 minute longer. While the veggies are sauteeing, dice the chicken into bite-size chunks. After veggies are done cooking, transfer to large crockpot; pour chicken broth on top and then place chicken in crockpot. Set your crockpot for 6 hours, LOW. After your 6 hours are up, mix together the flour and sour cream, add to crockpot and cook on low for about 10 more minutes. Serves 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment