Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Devon's Cooking...Spaghetti

It's been an exciting last week and a half for my Santa Barbara girls-- Melissa had Baby Grady and Ronna and Heav got engaged! Tonight we get to celebrate these milestones with FBT at Melissa's house. In my quest to use up as much from our cupboards as possible, and in my quest to make sure my girls have enough starch to soak up the glass or three of wine we'll have tonight, I decided to make my homemade sauce. It's easy, but it tastes good!

SPAGHETTI SAUCE
28 oz can tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes
14 oz can diced tomatoes (Italian-style or regular work great)
lots of garlic
a hefty splash of red wine (about once a year, Dave and I don't finish a bottle of red before it isn't really drinkable anymore. That bottle becomes my spaghetti sauce wine and stays in the fridge!)
1/4 cup fresh parsley (if you don't have fresh, you can use dried-- just be sure to use less!)
1/4 cup fresh basil (if you don't have fresh, you can use dried-- just be sure to use less!)
2 Tbsp fresh rosemary
1/2 onion (if you don't have a fresh onion, you can use minced onions-- give it a healthy sprinkle)
salt and pepper to taste
1 package of your favorite dried noodles, prepared according to directions on package

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! Sounds like a fun night with the girls :)
    Check out lifeasmom.com. Shes got a recipe swap. Link up an easter recipe and youll get tlots of yummy traffic!

    ReplyDelete